Beef Chili Colorado

Beef Chili Colorado
Cook five or six hours until tender.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tomatoes Help To Prevent Heart Attacks

I originally published this essay on my love of tomatoes back on June 6, 2010, and sometime after, I removed it from my blog because it was being copied and used in advertisements without anyone asking me if it was o.k. to use my work.  I should be flattered that this has happened, and if it happens again, I will just leave it online because the information within this essay is very useful.
.
originally published in my blog on Sunday, June 6, 2010
.
Tomatoes Go Well In Many Recipes; Tomatoes Help To Prevent Heart Attacks...
.
I confess to a passion for tomatoes.
.
I love tomatoes in homemade marinara sauce to which I can add ground beef or hunks of cooked chicken, and serve over pasta. I love my homemade tomato marinara sauce served over my favorite pre-made cheese ravoili.
.
I love putting thick slices of fresh tomato on take home pizza from Costco that I crisp up in my oven on a 'crisper' pan. The pizza gets crusty on the bottom, and the tomato on top remains wet and blends into the cheese on the topside of the pizza slice.
.
I love slices of tomatoe on slices of toast with Smart Balance, half calorie mayonaise on the toast. And I love tomato sauce added to many dishes I make including my Beef Stew, Italian Beef Pot Roast and my Beef Chili Colorado or Pork Chili.
.
Recently I learned that the jelly stuff in a tomato, that substance that holds the tomato seeds, has been discovered to be a natural anti-clotting substance that prevents our blood from becoming sticky and clotting thus it helps to prevent heart attacks. Many older people take a baby aspirin every day to do the same thing but the aspirin can, for some people, causes mild stomach upsets, or excessive bruising on the surface of the skin.
.
This discovery of the anti-clotting properties of the jelly substance in tomatoes was made by a Professor Asim Dutta-Roy at the Rowett Institute, located in Aberdeen, Scotland. Professor Dutta-Roy was investigating the benefits of a Mediterrian diet and stumbled upon this discovery.  It appears to me that what this man discovered about the tomato, which is a staple in all Mediterrian diets, is the main reason a Mediterrian diet prevents heart attack.  You can Google Professor Dutta-Roy at the Rowett Institute, and you will be able to read about him and his work, online.
.
In the United Kingdom, the gooey jelly in tomatos has been patented, and is called Fruitflow, which makes sense since the tomato is a fruit, a citrus fruit, and what this stuff does is keep blood flowing along, preventing blood platelets from sticking to arterial walls thus PREVENTING heart attacks.
Fuitflow is one product that has been proven to do what it is supposed to do so the claim will be made on the products packaging that it does improve blood flow.
.
Because the jelly in tomatoes is colorless and tasteless, it will be added to fruit juices, and milk products.
Applications of this product are limitless!
.
What makes the Fruitflow product different from the jelly in FRESH tomatoes is that Fruitflow is a CONCENTRATED form of the jelly so it is more potent than just eating a couple of tomatoes, but is more akin to eating both fresh tomatoes and tomato products every single day of your life. 
.
Because I love tomatoes, I eat tomatoes almost every single day of my life, so my bet is that I have had the benefit of a clean arterial system just because I have eaten so many tomatoes and tomato products over the years.  I often wash and cut up a fresh tomato, and eat it on the side when I prepare a meal that does not have tomatoes or tomato sauce as part of the recipe.  A salad I like,  is cut up tomato and cut up English cucumber on a plate with extra virgin olive oil drizzled over the tomato and cucumber.  I prefer extra virgin olive oil over other types of olive oil because the extra virgin is the 'first press', and does NOT contain any added chemical.  Other olive oils may or may not contain a chemical to help release the remaining oil from the olives.
.
Today in the British Isles, Fruitflow is added to a brand of 100 per cent pure fruit juices called Sirco, and is sold in grocery and health food shops. I expect that we will see this product here in the states some time in the future.
.
Copyright © 2010 by Carol Garnier Dutra"
Copyright       2010 - 2015 by Carol Garnier Dutra
.

No comments:

Post a Comment